COVID-19: Our Commitment to our Community


Ryan Siggers

Marketing Manager

Rod Martin's Complete Basement Systems


[email protected]

Rod Martin's Complete Basement Systems Supports Our Military Veterans

Rod Martin's Complete Basement Systems is partnering with Douglas Elbert Realtor Association and the Helping Hands Community Outreach Program to provide some much needed repair work for a Colorado Military Veteran.

Denver, CO - July 25, 2014

Rod Martin's Complete Basement Systems was approached by Dennis Palmer of Full Spectrum Inspections, who are both members of the Douglas Elbert Realtor Association (DERA) and Helping Hands Community Outreach Program, after a presentation given by Ryan Siggers about their new state of the art polyurethane foam injection process for concrete slab lifting called PolyRenewal.

Helping Hands Community Outreach Program's mission is to help those in need within our community with home improvement projects to better a family’s quality of life. Helping Hands supports the elderly, the young, the disabled, the economically challenged, and those with unexpected life events and adversity.

This specific project will be leveling out multiple sections of a concrete walkway and sections of the driveway to lessen the potential for tripping hazards for one of Colorado's Wounded Warriors.  Sergeant Brian Guenther served in Afghanistan and was injured from explosive devices while in a moving vehicle.  He continues to suffer today from the injuries he received while serving his country.  Rod Martin's Complete Basement Systems is honored and excited to help Sergeant Guenther and his family with the home improvement projects needed as a way of giving back to him for what he has so selflessly given for us.

This is Sergeant Guenther's story:

In April 2009 I entered basic training. This would be the first time that I have ever been away from my wife (Stacy) and my two girls, Mackenzie and Piper. At the time Mackenzie was 5 and Piper was just 2 and a half. I arrived in Atlanta, GA and traveled to Fort Benning where my life would change forever. I graduated from basic training in mid August of 2009 and returned home for a short stay. While I was in basic training I received my duty assignment, Vilseck, Germany to be a part of 2SCR. I had no idea what was in store.

I arrived in Germany in October of 2009 and reported in to my new unit. I was immediately recognized as someone who did not quit and took control of the situation with little or no instruction from senior leadership. I was put in charge of the Platoons 4 Strykers as the lead gunner and senior Specialist (E-4). After months and months of training we were getting ready to head to Afghanistan, which finally happened in June 2010.

We arrived 'in country' to the most horrible place on the planet, or so I thought, and got ready to head to our Forward Operating Base. In September of the same year while out on a routine route clearance patrol mission my truck drove over an IED (improvised explosive device). Several of the individuals in the truck were injured, including myself but I did not know at the time, nor did I really know the extent of my injuries until much later. I actually refused medical treatment and transport, as there were others in much worse shape than I. When we returned to the FOB I was taking to the medical center, they found I had a severe concussion, and back and neck trauma.

I returned to normal patrols as half of my squad was injured and either not able to return or sent to a medical treatment facility in Kandar. I took over as squad leader with less than 4 months of actual combat experience and lead from the front on over 250 patrols. There were many, many days where we returned from patrol and I was barely able to walk or talk because I was in so much pain. But being the determined (or stubborn) leader that I was I continued with my duties. I was determined to bring all the boys home. While in Kandar in the final month of the deployment one of my soldiers was shot and killed with weeks from being home. I should have been excited to be coming home, but I was not. I feared my family, and everyone will look at me, as if I was a failure.

Upon return from deployment in June of 20111 was beaten up, hurt, depressed and suffering from PTSD. But I put all that on the back burner so I could get me life back to what I thought was normal. I was embarrassed to be hurt and suffering and did not want my wife and kids to know. This was a very trying time for me; however I continued to train the men as any good NCO (non-commissioned officer) would do. I was now promoted to Sergeant (E-5).

After 18 months of being back from deployment I finally sucked up my pride and looked for help. After several doctor appointments and MRl's I was able to get sent stateside to Fort Carson where I was medically retired for the Army in July of  2013. Sadly my career with the military had ended and my new life as a Disabled Vet started.

I found many of my daily tasks more challenging then I ever remember them being. The things I once loved like gardening and little home improvement projects became monumental tasks with lengthy time frames. I continued to push through and finally realized that I needed help. I never asked for help as it made me feel that I could not support my family and I was lesser of a man. Having a wonderful family that I have they convinced me that it was okay to ask for help.

I have recently (July 2013) started working for the VA in Denver. I was able to give back to the veteran community everyday by knowing what so many Veterans like myself have been through. This new life has allowed me to purchase a home in Founder Village thanks to the wonder assistance of Terri Davis.