Not sure where to start when it comes to fixing your concrete slabs? There are different solutions out there on the market, and wading through them can eat up valuable time.
The good news is that there are solutions available to you that are quick as easy to use. One such solution is the PolyRenewal™ injection. If your concrete is sinking or you want a quick fix for an unconventional problem, these injections can help stabilize your home’s concrete and protect you from the worst of your local weather.
What Is PolyRenewal™?
What specifically is PolyRenewal™? It’s a lifting and leveling measure that you can use to secure your concrete in place. This expanding foam can be injected directly under your existing concrete slabs to allow your slab to be precisely lifted, leveled, and stabilized.
PolyRenewal™ works specifically with concrete, allowing it a measure of versatility when used around the home. You will be able to boost up your concrete slabs, and skilled contractors will be able to use PolyRenewal™ to level your front patio, driveway, pool deck, and interior slab floors.
The foam expands to fix what ails your home, but how does it work, exactly? More often than not, contractors who use PolyRenewal™ will take the following steps to ensure it’s applied effectively to your home:
- Drill holes large enough for the injections in your existing concrete slabs, typically the size of a penny.
- Insert injection ports.
- Begin the injection process, filling the void beneath your concrete with environmentally friendly PolyRenewal foam.
- Seal and smooth over the injection points.
The Advantages of PolyRenewal™
Many contractors who take advantage of PolyRenewal™ injections use the injections as a substitute for mudjacking. What benefits do the injections have over other concrete-securing processes?
The perks of using an expanding waterproof foam to stabilize concrete around your home include:
- Installing A Waterproof Barrier and Lift – When you use PolyRenewal™ injections to secure your concrete, you create a waterproof barrier between your home and any additional rainfall, effectively sealing your concrete off from additional water damage such as soil erosion.
- Creating A Chemical Barrier – Additionally, PolyRenewal™ will protect your home from any chemical leaks in your area. Whether these leaks are the result of a natural disaster or from lawn maintenance, you can rest assured that PolyRenewal™ will keep your home’s concrete safe.
- Shorter-Then-Average Cure Times – Concrete repair takes time, but some processes are more invasive and time-consuming than others. Luckily, PolyRenewal™ injections cure within 15-30 minutes of your initial injection.
Not only do PolyRenewal™ injections come with these benefits, but they come with the product’s versatility, too. Skilled contractors will be able to use PolyRenewal™ injections not only to lift your home’s exterior concrete and protect it from the worst of Colorado Springs’ weather, but it can be used inside your house, as well. Your concrete slab floors can benefit from its application, but more serious cracks and foundation repair requires other solutions like piering and wall reinforcements.
When To Use PolyRenewal™ To Boost Your Concrete
You know the benefits of PolyRenewal™ injections, but when’s the time to take advantage of them?
Identifying problematic concrete may not always be easy, which is why a professional inspection can come in handy. If you think you may have some concrete damage on your hands, keep an eye out for the following symptoms that indicate your concrete may have cracked or started to slip:
- Settling concrete patios, front walks, pool decks, and steps
- Uneven interior slabs
- Floor cracks
- Tripping hazards
Fix Your Concrete with Expert Help
To learn more about your specific situation, you’ll want to reach out to a local professional at Complete Basement Systems for an inspection and a free quote on potential services. After evaluating your property’s condition, they will be able to tell you whether or not PolyRenewal™ injections are the solution for you.