While the weather in Denver, CO, doesn’t get as humid as other parts of the country, your crawl space air can still get pretty moist. You may not notice there’s a problem if you don’t venture into this space. Some of the moisture may get into your home through air circulation. But it’s the crawl space that will bear the brunt when the humidity goes up.
Besides making internal conditions downright uncomfortable, high humidity levels in your crawl space can damage the supporting structure, cause awful smells, and trigger mold and respiratory illnesses. Your best bet would be to get a dehumidifier to balance the level of moisture in your home.
But which dehumidifier is best for your crawl space? Is it the normal dehumidifier or the energy-efficient dehumidifier? Read on to find out.
Normal dehumidifier versus energy-efficient dehumidifier
While conventional dehumidifiers combat high humidity problems in your crawl space, these models are more susceptible to leaks and mold infestation. What’s worse is that they consume significant amounts of energy.
- Energy consumption – Efficient crawl space dehumidifiers beat conventional dehumidifiers with regard to energy consumption. An energy-efficient dehumidifier uses more efficient refrigeration coils, compressors, and fans to remove the same amount of moisture as a normal humidifier, but uses 15% less energy.
- Noise control – You’ve probably heard that the more power a device consumes, the noisier is. Conventional dehumidifiers tend to be louder than energy-efficient units. This is because they require more power to run efficiently. Energy-efficient dehumidifiers are generally quieter and safer.
- Environmental conservation – Some people view environmental preservation as an abstract notion as far as heating and cooling are concerned. The truth is investing in an energy-efficient dehumidifier in your Denver, CO, home can save you many dollars in utility bills. You’ll use between 10% to 20% less power than your neighbors. If you are really concerned about climate change and the effects of greenhouse gases, using an energy-efficient humidifier will also help you play your part in conserving the environment. You’ll reduce your carbon footprint and protect your health.
- Longer lifespan – Devices that use low energy have longer lifespans. The reason is that they endure less wear and tear, which reduces the need for repairs and part replacement.
- Hygiene – Hygiene is another major differentiator between these two devices. An energy-efficient unit will make your crawl space less humid and comfortable than a normal one. As a result, your home will feel a lot cleaner. You won’t need to visit the carpet cleaners every other week. Also, your skin will feel less clammy.
Why is it better to invest in an energy-efficient dehumidifier?
We highly recommend that you install an energy-efficient dehumidifier for the following reasons:
- Reduced humidity: An energy-efficient dehumidifier draws moisture from the air for a more comfortable home environment.
- Lower energy usage: Energy-efficient dehumidifiers consume less energy, leading to lower energy bills.
- More efficient HVAC system: Since dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air, this allows your HVAC to operate more effectively, reducing energy consumption.
- Enhanced indoor air quality: Better air quality reduces airborne mold and dust articles, helping alleviate asthma and allergy symptoms.
- Prevents bad odors: This device reduces unwanted smells in the air by controlling mold, dust, and mildew.
Dehumidify and Protect Your Home with Expert Help
As you can see, energy-efficient dehumidifiers can help keep your crawl space dry and mold-free without inflating your energy bills.
There’s no debate. Choosing an energy-efficient dehumidifier over a normal dehumidifier delivers savings on many fronts, not just with regard to energy consumption. You will enjoy the same level of performance and access key features and comfort, all while protecting the environment.
Are you struggling to control humidity in the crawl space? You already know which type of dehumidifier does the best job. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the expert team at Complete Basement Systems. We’re happy to provide you with a free estimate as well as other solid crawl space repair recommendations.