Repair it With Us Before Creating the Ultimate Fan Cave!
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
It’s here! It’s here! Sports fans, it’s here! Football season has begun!
How will you be rooting for your Buffaloes, Rams or Broncos if you can’t make it to games? Will you journey to your favorite local watering hole to catch the action, or will you be hosting parties or kicking back in the comforts of your own home?
You can easily do the latter if you have an awesome, cutting-edge “man cave” or “fan cave” dedicated to your favorite teams and athletes.
Planning out and budgeting for your perfect space with state-of-the-art TV screens, surround sound, cozy furniture and fun memorabilia is important. (Sources: ImproveNet, DIYnetwork) You can find inspiration throughout the Internet, including Pinterest.
But there’s another piece to consider before heading to the drawing board – the location and its current condition.
The most common space in a home dedicated to a man cave is the basement. Have you been down to your basement lately? Is it a place you’d look forward to spending time in? Or do intimidating wall cracks and puddles on the floor make you cringe?
Before a basement finishing project to create a winning space, you need to make sure this area will be safe, healthy and dry. You wouldn’t want to spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars on top of the line equipment and furnishings only to have them ruined by water and moisture, would you? By taking the time to check your basement and repair it now, you are saving yourself from future headaches and setting your entertainment space up for success.
Check Your Basement’s Health: What to Look For
Before you get too deep into your man cave plans, take a good, hard look at your basement. Do you notice any of the following?
- Leaking water through walls, floor, or windows
- Efflorescence (white crystalline deposits) on walls or floor
- Dampness or high humidity
- Musty odors
- Mold or mildew
- Sump pump issues
- Wall cracks (horizontal, vertical, stair-step)
- Wall movement (inward bowing/tilting)
Your Next Step and How We Can Help
If you see any of these signs, please contact us right away! These symptoms require the attention of experts like us and should not be left to quick DIY projects. Plus, the longer you put off necessary repairs, the more expensive and extensive future repair projects will be. And your dreams of a fun fan cave will be put on hold.
Once you contact us, our Customer Care representatives will work with your schedule to secure an appointment with one of our inspectors. Our inspector will visit to complete a thorough evaluation of your home’s interior and exterior. He will then be able to determine the problem, discuss your goals with a repair project, and recommend customized solutions uniquely designed to meet your repair needs. Your inspector also will provide a same-day proposal of recommended repair solutions and go over payment and financing options.
Our Repair Solutions and How They Protect Your Home
We use patented, top-quality solutions that are tested and proven to work to keep your home safe, stable and dry. We also use reliable, custom equipment and state-of-the-art technology to install these various systems. These systems include:
- Perimeter drainage systems – The BasementGutter ™ system sits in the basement’s sub-floor to catch seeping water from the walls and floor, which is then directed to a sump pump system. You’ll be able to add your desired flooring to the basement, but just make sure we can access the inspection ports for annual system maintenance!
- Doorway drainage systems – Grated drainage pipe systems are installed the same way in front of doorways and entryways if you have a walk-out access. These systems are tied into the rest of the BasementGutter ™ system.
- Sump pumps – We have a variety of sump pump systems to meet your needs – SafeDri ™ Pro X Premier Sump Pump System, SafeDri ™ Battery Backup System, and SafeDri ™ TripleSump ™ Pump System. These systems can easily be hidden in a closet space or other area of the basement that will not interfere with man cave entertainment.
- Waterproof wall products – The CrawlSeal ™ liner typically is used for crawl space encapsulations, but it has other practical uses. This thick, durable liner also can be used on basement walls to help with waterproofing and improving the appearance of the area. Not to worry, the walls can still be concealed with drywall or paneling. We also offer other wall coverings for more finished appearance.
- Frozen discharge line prevention – The FreezeGuard ™ can be attached to the exterior sump pump drainage line to prevent flooding if the line freezes or becomes blocked. The last thing you would want to worry about is getting water backing up into your basement once it’s been finished!
- Exterior drainage upgrades – Exterior drainage lines terminating close to the home can allow water to seep inside. We can install thicker, more reliable pipes for exterior drainage lines. These lines can be directed to drain to the street, or far away from the property. The ends of these lines also can be concealed in a yard by Yardwell ™ outlets.
- Dehumidifiers – Our powerful, yet energy-efficient dehumidifiers will clean and filter the air, control moisture and humidity, and reduce odors and the potential for mold growth. They not only improve the air quality in the basement, but throughout the entire home, and they can be tucked away inside a closet and away from your entertaining space.
- Wall repair and reinforcing systems – We offer a few options of wall repair and reinforcements for cracking and/or bowing walls, depending on the severity of the problems.
- Carbon Fiber supports can be placed on cracking, tilting walls to permanently stabilize them and hold them in their current positions. Their low profile allows them to be easily concealed with paint or drywall.
- Wall Anchors and IntelliBraces™ offer the best opportunity to straighten severely bowing walls over time and sometimes immediately.
- Foundation and support system reinforcements – If you notice interior drywall cracks and sloping or sagging floors, we can address these symptoms of foundation settlement and failing structural supports.
Ready to Rumble
Now that your basement is safe, stable and dry, you’re ready to finish it and add all the personal touches you want to create your sports oasis! Save us a seat!